In 2009, mobile Electro-Magnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT) technology was used for valve pit inspections, and transverse MFL technology inspections were added for specific pipelines.
What does EMAT stand for?
EMAT stands for Electro-Magnetic Acoustic Transducer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EMAT
We have 11 other meanings of EMAT in our Acronym Attic
- Ecological Management of Semi-Arid Rangelands in Africa, the Near East, and Middle East
- European Medical Association on Smoking or Health (Vienna, Austria)
- Establishing Multimedia Authoring Skills in Higher Education (UK)
- Eastern Missouri Alternative Sentencing Services (St. Louis, MO)
- Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (automated C&A Tool for DIACAP Implementations)
- Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (US DoD)
- Ethnic Minority Achievement Support Service (UK)
- European Multicentre Association Study of Schizophrenia
- Elevated Microsatellite Alterations at Selected Tetranucleotide Repeat (tumor marker)
- Effluent Microtox Acute Toxicity
- Emergency Management Association of Tennessee
- Emergency Medical Assistance Team
- Ethnic Minorities Achievement Team
- Externally Modulated and Amplified Transmitter
- Electronic Multilingual Tourism Environment
- Empresa de Assistência Técnica e Extensão Rural do Estado de Minas Gerais (Brasil)
- English Meta-Access to Internet Search Engines
- Electromagnetic Acoustic Transducers
- Emergency Message Automated Transmission System
- Emergency Military Alerting Telecommunications System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Electro-Magnetic Acoustic Transducer (EMAT) technology is being developed to generate and detect sound waves.