Thirteen senators, including those from the opposition, voted in favor of passing the Electric Power Industry Reform Act of 2001.
What does EPIRA stand for?
EPIRA stands for Electric Power Industry Reform Act (Philippines)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 4 other meanings of EPIRA in our Acronym Attic
- Evolutionary Phase Implementation Plan
- Export Payments Insurance Policy
- Export Promotion Industrial Park
- External Paydata Input
- Emergency Indicating Radio Beacon
- Enhanced Potency Inactivated Poliovirus Vaccine
- Estes Park IQ (Reel Mountain Theater; Estes Park, CO, USA)
- Electric Pulse Induced Resistance (materials engineering)
- Ex Post Individually Rational
- Experimental Peptide Identification Repository (software program; proteomics)
- Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacon
- Early Promotion and Intervention Research Consortium
- Epidemiological Report
- Emergency Position Indicating Radiobeacon
- Extended Performance Infrared Search Set
- Edinburgh Pre-Incubator Scheme (Scotland, UK)
- Electric Plant in Service (accounting; electricity providers)
- Electric Power Industry of Serbia
- Employees' Pension Insurance Scheme (Japan)
- English Program for International Students (various universities)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Philippines began privatizing electricity generation in 2001 with the passage of the Electric Power Industry Reform Act (EPIRA), whose ultimate objective was to lower the cost of power by fostering private-sector competition.
Mirant remains committed to do the IPO, as required under the Philippines' Electric Power Industry Reform Act (EPIRA), once certain conditions and factors have been addressed.