Switching on an electric field gradient changes the strongest absorption color in different parts of the crystal, so that one end absorbs strongly at the blue part of the spectrum and the other end toward the red.
What does EFG stand for?
EFG stands for Electric Field Gradient
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EFG
We have 65 other meanings of EFG in our Acronym Attic
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy
- Exposed Facility Flyer Unit
- Early Flank Gate
- Earth Federation Government (Mobile Suit Gundam)
- Earth Fixed Geocentric
- East Flower Garden Bank (Texas, USA)
- Edge-defined Film-fed Growth
- Education Finance Group (student loans)
- Effingham (Amtrak station code; Effingham, IL)
- Egyptian Financial Group
- Electronic Field Gathering
- Enfances, Familles, Générations (French: Childhoods, Families, Generations; journal; Canada)
- Enterprise Finance Guarantee (UK)
- Enterprise Framework Group (consulting firm; Breckenridge, CO)
- Entreprise Funéraire Générale (French: General Funeral Company)
- Entscheidungen der Finanzgerichte (German tax court reporter)
- Epic Fail Guy
- Établissement Français des Greffes (French: French Transplant Establishment)
- European Federation of Geologists
- European Financial Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
The car can scoot around a gold surface when exposed to heat or an electric field gradient.
The car can scoot around a gold surface when exposed to heat or an electric field gradient, but its movement is limited-the drawbacks prevent its widespread use.