Election Assistance Commission and provided money to modernize voting equipment, among other things.
What does EAC stand for?
EAC stands for Election Assistance Commission (US)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EAC
We have 453 other meanings of EAC in our Acronym Attic
- Economic Advisory Committee
- Ecotoxicological Assessment Criteria
- Écoute Accompagnement Conseil (French: Listening Support Council)
- Écurie Automobile du Comminges (French: Automotive Team of Comminges; Comminges, France)
- Editorial Advisory Committee (various organizations)
- Editors' Association of Canada
- Edmonton Arts Council (Canada)
- Education & Assistance Corporation
- Education, Arts & Culture (various locations)
- Educational Access Channel (various organizations)
- Electrical Application Committee
- Electricity Authority of Cyprus
- Electronic Access Code (US Department of Education)
- Electronic Access Conference (US Department of Education)
- Electronic Access Control
- Electronic Air Cleaner
- Electronic Arts Canada (interactive entertainment software; British Columbia, Canada)
- Elite Agility Certificate (Dog Agility Title)
- Emergency Action Center
- Emergency Action Checklist
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last week, the House of Representatives voted to do away with the box and shutter the Election Assistance Commission that handles the funds.
The Federal Election Assistance Commission recently announced that $2 million in grants is available to states that want to pursue best practices for post-election audits.
B-316915 September 25, 2008 The Election Assistance Commission (EAC) Inspector General (IG) has requested a decision regarding EAC's obligation of certain payments made under the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA).
20, the complaint reads, in order to meet a 45-day standard that was set in 2004 with the “report and recommendations of the United States Election Assistance Commission.
Studies toned down The House Administration Committee also is inquiring into von Spakovsky's communications with the Election Assistance Commission, a tiny agency that implemented a 2002 election reform law and serves as a national election information clearinghouse.
Election Assistance Commission concluded there was little evidence of the type of polling-place fraud that so alarms the GOP.
550 would centralize the power to decide which precincts get audited in the hands of a federal agency, the Election Assistance Commission.