The Golden Anniversary of the Eisenhower Interstate System was just one of several significant anniversaries in highway history in 2006.
What does EIS stand for?
EIS stands for Eisenhower Interstate System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EIS
We have 339 other meanings of EIS in our Acronym Attic
- Eastern Irish Sea
- Ecoforestry Institute Society (British Columbia, Canada)
- École d'Initiation Sportive (French: Initiation School Sports)
- Economic Information System
- Economic Information Systems, Incorporated
- Éditions de l'Immobilier Social (French: Publishing Real Estate Social)
- Education Information Service (various organizations)
- Educational Institute of Scotland
- Effective Isotropic Sensitivity
- Effluent Inventory System
- Electrically Isolated Silver (colloidal silver)
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
- Electromagnetic Intelligence System
- Electron Impact Spectroscopy
- Electronic Ignition Systems
- Electronic Image Stabilization (photography)
- Electronic Industrial Services (various locations)
- Electronic Information Security
- Electronic Information Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every, five must be straight.
In 2006 the transportation community celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Eisenhower Interstate System.