The new solution incorporates quality and change management processes, improves decision making supports eight disciplines problem solving (8D), a method that resolve problems, typically employed by quality engineers.
What does 8D stand for?
8D stands for Eight Disciplines (problem solving technique developed by automotive industry)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Love and Kisses (Amateur Radio)
- Bye Bye (Chinese internet chat)
- 88 Digital Cloud Marketing, Inc (Manila, Philippines)
- 88th Infantry Division
- Eighth Amendment
- Minority-Owned or Other Disadvantaged Business (Section 8A of the Small Business Act)
- Ochoa (Cuban General killed by Castro)
- 8-Bit Theater (online comic)
- 8th Canadian Hussars (Princess Louise's; Canadian Army Light Armoured Regiment)
- Eighth Cavalry Regiment
- 8th Day Creations (Bad Axe, MI)
- Eight Degree-Of-Freedom Non-Linear (control model)
- Eighth Infantry Division
- Eight Mile Boulevard Association (Detroit, Michigan)
- Eight Millimeter (camera/film format)
- Octavo (book paper size)
- Short Arm of Chromosome 8
- Eight Phase Two Amplitude (amateur radio)
- 8 Position 8 Contact (telecommunications connector)
- Eight-Phase Shift Keying
Samples in periodicals archive:
Five countries - Kuwait, the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Bahrain - will compete in eight disciplines during this 10-day gathering.
The IOC executive committee will meet in May when it will shortlist three out of the eight disciplines which will be recommended to the general assembly that will take the final call on which of the sports will be part of the 2020 Games.
Dubai UAE athletes taking part in four of the eight disciplines the country will compete in at the Olympics were named on Thursday by the UAE National Olympic Committee.
Community Blueprint Network Drafted under the auspices of the Points of Light Institute and an advisory council of 55 veterans and military service organizations, the network represents a needs assessment, a pathway for collaboration and decision making and an "idea mart" for examples of promising practices across a set of eight disciplines.
Eight Disciplines To that end, the trusted leader disciplines provide a deeper dive into gaps that may exist.
In addition to presenting the awards to the PM100 winners, MEC will announce High Achiever winners in each of the eight disciplines, the Editor's Choice Award Winners, and the 2010 Progressive Manufacturers of the Year.
Overall, in those eight disciplines, advertised job openings fell an average of 31 percent.