Dozens of other Egyptian journalists and an estimated 21,000 Egyptians -- according to credible Egyptian human rights organizations -- have been detained during the past year of military rule that overthrew the elected president, Muslim Brotherhood member Mohammad Morsi, and ushered in the current president, Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi.
What does EHRO stand for?
EHRO stands for Egyptian Human Rights Organization
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Environmental Health Risk Management
- Equine Heart Rate Monitor (veterinary medicine)
- Essentials of Human Resource Management (educational program)
- European Human Resource Management
- Europees Hof Voor de Rechten Van de Mens (French: Cour Européenne des droits de l'Homme)
- Egyptian Human Resources Management Association
- East Houston Regional Medical Center (Houston, TX)
- Education in Human Rights Network (UK)
- Eurasian Harm Reduction Network (Lithuania)
- European Housing Research Network
- Emergency Hydraulic Rudder Operating System
- Earthquake Hazards Reduction Program
- East Harbour Regional Park (New Zealand)
- Emergency Health Rehabilitation Project (World Bank)
- Emergency Human Resources Programme (Malawi)
- Emergency Humanitarian Response Plan (UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs)
- Endpoint Handlespace Redundancy Protocol (computer communication)
- Enterprise Human Resources and Payroll (software)
- Ethiopian Human Rights and Peace Center
- East Haven Rifle Range (Connecticut)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There has also been no mention of the seven Egyptian human rights organizations that boycotted the UNHRC session for fear of retaliation, with the exception of the English language Egyptian site Mada Masr.
An alliance of 16 Egyptian human rights organizations has asked the government to protect Christians.
The list named Egyptian human rights organizations working on issues including torture, women's rights and housing", the statement continued".
Having met with Arab League Secretary Amro Moussa and head of the Egyptian human rights organization KIFAYA (Enough), at the ESCWA-sponsored Reform and Transition to Democracy conference at the Phoenicia Hotel, Siniora expressed yearning for freedom and democracy.
Seven Egyptian human rights organizations released a statement Thursday urging the ruling Higher Military Council (HMC) to follow the "path of Tunisia" in creating a new constitution prior to the upcoming parliamentary and presidential elections, pan-Arab daily AL HAYAT reported on Friday.
Since then, military police and army officers arrested or detained at least 97 journalists, activists, and protesters, according to the Front for the Defense of Egyptian Protesters (FDP), a coalition of Egyptian human rights organizations.
The purpose of the event was basically to put the issue on the agenda, and in this sense it was successful," said Hossam Bahgat, director of the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights (EIPR), an independent Egyptian human rights organization.