The interposition of an achromatic binocular objective lens at half the focal length produced a back focus of 160mm--the system now has a effective focal length of 336mm at F:3.
What does EFL stand for?
EFL stands for Effective Focal Length
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EFL
We have 81 other meanings of EFL in our Acronym Attic
- Eesti Filharmoonia Kammerkoor (Estonian: Estonian Philharmonic Chamber Choir)
- Electrified (Grid) Fly Killers
- Enskede Frisbee Klubb (Swedish: Enskede Frisbee Club; Enskede, Sweden)
- Evangeliska FriKyrkan (Swedish denomination)
- Evangeliska Frikyrkan (Swedish: Evangelical Free Church)
- Extended Fisher-Kolmogorov (mathematical equation)
- Ersten Flensburger Kanu Klub (German: Ersten Flensburger Canoe Club; Flensburg, Germany)
- Eastern Federal Lands
- Edited for Length
- Education for Life (various organizations)
- Eight Foot Llama (games)
- Electrical Flying Lead
- Electricity Facts Label (Public Utility Commission of Texas)
- Electronic Foot Locker
- Email Forwarding for Life (various schools)
- Emergency Flare Launcher
- Emitter-Follower Logic
- English as a Foreign Language
- English Football League
- Entreprise Filière Lunetière (French eyewear company)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 6x optical zoom lens offers an effective focal length of 35-210mm, there's an optical image stabilizer to help combat camera-shake, plus an optical viewfinder and flash hotshoe.
Digital sensors are currently smaller than the area of a 35mm image, so the effective focal lengths of lenses are increased by about 50% when attached to a digital camera.
The camera features a three-element, variable focus system with a focus range from two feet to infinity and an effective focal length of 125mm.
EOS 20D and EOS-1D Mark II** digital SLR users will especially appreciate the Speedlite 580EX flash's ability to auto-compensate for the size of the CMOS sensor, and zoom the flash head automatically to match the effective focal length conversion.
7x, resulting in an effective focal length of 24mm.
In addition, the new CCD sensor has the largest imaging area currently available in an interchangeable lens digital SLR, making the effective focal length of any EF lens attached to the camera only 1.
8x, resulting in an effective focal length of 27mm.