Socrates Evaluating those first 50 quizzes (2 classes a semester, 25 students in each) tests my ability as a lexicologist because, even though I say that I use MW11 and AHC4 as standards of Edited American English (EAE), I have to keep in mind that my students often use Random House paperback dictionaries from WalMart and dictionary.
What does EAE stand for?
EAE stands for Edited American English
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EAE
We have 88 other meanings of EAE in our Acronym Attic
- Extended Air Defence Task Force (NATO)
- European Association of Distance Teaching Universities
- Emergency Assessment and Discharge Unit (UK)
- Eastern American Data Voice (est. 1972; Long Island City, NY)
- Educating Against Domestic Violence (Minnetonka, MN)
- Employers Against Domestic Violence (Brockton, MA)
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
- Aeronautical Engineering Division (US Coast Guard)
- Échelle d'Auto Estimation (French: Level of Self-Estimation)
- Eco-Anthropologie et Ethnobiologie (French: Eco-Anthropology and Ethnobiology)
- Électricité Auto Entretien (French: Auto Electric Service)
- Electro Acoustic Ensemble (UK band)
- Élément Automoteur Électrique (French: Electrical Multiple Unit; railcars)
- Encéphalomyélite Auto-Immune Expérimentale (French: Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis)
- Encyclopedia of the Atmospheric Environment
- End Average Events
- Engenharia Automotiva e Aeroespacial (SAE magazine, Brasil)
- Enquête Annuelle d'Entreprise (Annual Survey of Businesses, France)
- Enseigner a l'Etranger (French: Teach Abroad)
- Entente-Adour-Echez (French sports club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Academic researchers have devoted significant attention to the linguistic differences between the vernacular spoken in African-American communities and Standard Edited American English.