The Edinburgh Medal was given jointly to Prof Higgs and Cern on the eve of the Edinburgh International Science Festival.
What does EISF stand for?
EISF stands for Edinburgh International Science Festival (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EISF
We have 4 other meanings of EISF in our Acronym Attic
- Erythrodermic Inflammatory Skin Disease
- Eisenhower National Historic Site (US National Park Service)
- Extendable Integration Support Environment
- Electrical Installation & Service Corp
- Enhanced Information Service for Emergency Calls
- Electronic Information Security
- Eastern Iowa Science and Engineering Fair (Cedar Rapids, IA)
- Entrepreneurial Initiative of Southeast Michigan
- European Information Server for Earth Sciences (Clausthal Technical University; Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany)
- Exhibition Industry Senior Executives Summit (Center for Exhibition Industry Research)
- Elastic Incoherent Structure Factor (US NASA)
- Environmental Impact Screening Form (Washington, DC)
- Essential Image Source Foundation (Santa Barbara, California)
- European Interagency Security Forum (humanitarian aid network)
- Environmental Impact Study for Acronym Creation (humor)
- European Information Systems for Organic Markets
- Energy Innovations Small Grant (California Energy Commission)
- Energy Intermarket Surveillance Group (electricity market monitoring organization)
- Experimental Investigations of Spacecraft Glow
- Enzymatic In Situ Hybridization
Samples in periodicals archive:
News of the award was unveiled alongside details of this year's Edinburgh International Science Festival programme, which includes a look at the food we might eat in years to come.
The festival is being organized in partnership with the Abu Dhabi Education Council, Edinburgh International Science Festival, Tawazun, Dolphin Energy and in affiliation with Adnoc, Etihad Airways, Total and Masdar, and produced by Flash Entertainment.
uk SCOTLAND UNTIL APRIL 22: Budding scientists will be in their element at the Edinburgh International Science Festival.
CAPTION(S): Performance artist Stelarc shows an extra third ear, constructed on his arm, as part of the Edinburgh International Science Festival
Psychologist Professor Richard Wiseman recruited 100 visitors to the Edinburgh International Science Festival to take part in 500 speed dates.
The Edinburgh International Science Festival runs from April 5-16.
Psychologist Professor Richard Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire, who led the research as part of the Edinburgh International Science Festival, said: 'The effect might be due to changes in how some parents interact with their babies during summer and winter, but we wont know for certain until we have conducted additional research.