Rubio's amendments would block the payment of additional economic support funds and new foreign military financing contracts until "Cairo begins to enact economic reforms and Obama's administration certifies it is protecting human rights.
What does ESF stand for?
ESF stands for Economic Support Fund
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ESF
We have 239 other meanings of ESF in our Acronym Attic
- Electric Propulsion Space Experiment
- Alexandria, LA, USA - Esler Field (Airport Code)
- Early Stage Financing (venture capital)
- Earnings Suspense Fund
- Earth Society Foundation
- Earth Sphere Federation (gaming)
- Earth's Special Forces (game)
- Eastern Sea Frontier (World War II)
- École du Ski Français (French ski school)
- École sans Frontières (French: School Without Borders)
- Économie Sociale et Familiale (French: Social and Family Economics)
- ECOWAS Standby Force
- Éducation sans Frontières (French: Education Without Borders)
- Education Services Facilitator
- Education Support Fund (various locations)
- Ekonomicko-Spravni Fakulta (Czech: Faculty of Economics and Administration)
- Ekonomisk-Statsvetenskapliga Fakulteten (Swedish: Economics and Political Science Faculty; Abo Akademi University; Finland)
- Election Support Force
- Electriciens sans Frontieres (French: Electricians without Borders)
- Electrolysis Society of Florida
Samples in periodicals archive:
There a secondary issue of economic support funds which we had notified to the Congress, some of which are tied to the IMF agreement, some of which are not.
Nuland recalled that the US is withholding $495 million of planned assistance to Palestinians in 2012, with $200 million of the sum in direct budget support, $195 million in economic support funds for programs and projects, and $100 million in international narcotics control and law enforcement funds.
American aid to Palestinians is provided through the Economic Support Fund (ESF) and USAID to US nongovernmental organizations (NGOs).
78 billion through the Economic Support Fund, which is used for projects such as rehabilitating and constructing public schools and improving energy, agricultural and water infrastructure.
The funding for Venezuelan opposition groups comes from the State Department's Economic Support Fund (ESF).
This brings the total amount of economic support funds provided to Jordan this year to $363 million,.
38 million dollars in economic support funds to assist Guatemala's recovery efforts," Crowley added.