The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 Expanded the marital deduction to life interests that were not terminable and eliminated quantitative limits on the amount of estate and gift tax deductions available for spousal transfers.
What does ERTA stand for?
ERTA stands for Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ERTA
We have 7 other meanings of ERTA in our Acronym Attic
- National Emergency Response Team for the National Capital Region
- Emergency Response Team Support Capability (US FEMA)
- Emergency Response to Terrorism: Basic Concepts
- Emergency Response to Terrorism: Self-Study
- Earth Riders Trail Association
- Earth Riders Trails Association
- East Ramapo Teachers Association (New York)
- Eastern Region Training Associates
- Eastern Rural Telephone Association
- Economic Recovery Tax Act (of 1981)
- Edmonton Retired Teachers Association (Canada)
- Education Research and Training Authority (Florida)
- Emergency Relief Tracking Application
- Emergency Response Team Advance
- Emergency Response Training Associates
- Emergency Response Training Association
- Energy Resources and Technologies Analysis
- Environmental Restoration Technical Assistance
- Ethiopian Radio and Television Agency
- European Recorder Teachers Association (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 (ERTA) offers a blueprint for fiscal stimulus that would be far more effective than the package approved by Pres.
The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 eliminated this, requiring all taxpayers to depreciate new or used real estate over 15 years.
In Chapter 5, "The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981," the point is made that the Act can be seen as a benchmark.
The Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 We can't really blame the whole of the staggering $290 billion deficit on the 1981 Tax Act--but let's anyway.
An incremental, 25 percent R&D tax credit was enacted as part of the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981.
The economy was in recession for most of the decade's first three years before responding to the stimulus provided by the Reagan Administration's Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 (ERTA).
He acknowledged that the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 (ERTA) was extremely generous, and provided incentives that did lead to an over-heated tax environment for real estate.