The African Development Bank (AfDB) and the Investment and Development Bank of the Economic Community of West African States (EBID) signed today a grant agreement amounting to US $950,000 to strengthen the EBID institutional capacities.
What does ECOWA stand for?
ECOWA stands for Economic Community of West African States
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- East Central Ontario Training Board (Belleville, Ontario, Canada)
- Emergency Contraception Over the Counter
- Emissions Consumption Optimization Technology
- Electronic Commerce for Oshkosh Truck Suppliers
- European Conference on Traumatic Stress
- East County OEA (Oregon Education Association) UniServ (Gresham, OR)
- Engineering Consulting Office for Utilities (Libya)
- Environmental Consequences of Underwater Sound
- European Council for the Village and Small Town (England, UK)
- Sociedad Ecología y Vida (Dominican Republic)
- Economic Community Of West African States
- European Conference on Web Services
- European Car of the Year
- E-Commerce Platform
- E. Capital Partners (Italy)
- Early Career Professional
- Early Childhood Project (various locations)
- Early College Program (various schools)
- Early Commencement Program (education)
- Early Commissioning Program (ROTC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The six leaders are here to look at the security situation along the common border between Cote d'Ivoire and Liberia following reports that there have been movements of armed people," ECOWAS spokesman Sunny Ugoh told AFP currently chairs the 15-nation Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
Khartoum, May 28 (SUNA)-Sudan taking part in the celebrations marking the re-election incumbent Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan on May 29Sudan Ambassador to Nigeria, Awad Moursee , has said the Sudan delegation will be led by the Presidential Advisor, Al Sheikh Beesh and that it will draw director of the Department of African Affairs in the Foreign Ministry and Chairman of Protocols, along with Sudan ambassador to NigeriaThe delegation is expected to partake in the meetings of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), a regional group of fifteen West African countriesAH/MABack Copyright 2011 by: Sudan News Agency.
Presidents of Ghana,Senegal,Sierra Leone, Guinea-Bissau andNigeria,meeting under the auspices of the Economic Community of West African States regional bloc,agreed to send troops to Ivory Coast and ``activate stand-by units within the armed forces of member states'' to create a permanent ``rapid response force'',leaders said in a statement.
The project dates back to 1995 when the governments of Benin, Ghana, Nigeria and Togo entered into a Heads of Agreement, under the auspices of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), for the joint development of the project.
Nigeria currently chairs the 15-nation Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
WASHINGTON -- In the presence of the energy ministers of Ghana, Nigeria, Benin, and Togo, and with representatives from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and the United States looking on, Ghana's President John Kofi Agyekum Kufuor recently broke ground on the $600-million West African Gas Pipeline (WAGP).
Liberian immigration authorities is the chairman of the 15-nation Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), which includes both Ivory Coast and Liberia.