Chikungunya is an alphavirus, a family of viruses that includes eastern equine encephalitis.
What does EEE stand for?
EEE stands for Eastern Equine Encephalitis
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of EEE
We have 121 other meanings of EEE in our Acronym Attic
- Église Évangélique du Témiscaningue (Canadian Evangelical church)
- Ethanol-Eluted Delta-Toxin
- Executive Entrepreneurship Development Training (Africa Leadership Forum)
- Environmental Education (college course)
- Everonn Education Ltd. (India)
- Epizootic Epitheliotropic Disease Virus
- Greek Committee for International Detente and Peace
- Conference on E-Technology, E-Commerce, and E-Service (IEEE International Conference)
- Earth and Environmental Engineering
- Eastern Economic Edition (Indian publications of printed US materials)
- Eastern Equine Encephalomyelitis
- Easy to Learn, Easy to Work, Easy to Play (ASUS netbooks)
- Economic Exchange Event
- Ed, Edd & Eddy (cartoon show)
- Education Excellence and Equity (Albania)
- Electric and Electronic Equipment (industry sector)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Electives
- Electrical, Electronic and Electromechanical
Samples in periodicals archive:
Learning Objectives Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to * Assess the clinical presentation of eastern equine encephalitis (EEE), * Distinguish common ancillary findings in cases of EEE, * Analyze risk factors for poor outcomes of EEE, and * Evaluate the most common outcomes of EEE.
An increase in West Nile virus and Eastern equine encephalitis infections in Central Massachusetts has prompted the early evening closure of public land and athletic fields in several towns and school systems.
The researchers studied alphaviruses, a family of viruses that includes eastern equine encephalitis and chikungunya viruses, which are transmitted by mosquitoes and sometimes ticks.
With Eastern Equine Encephalitis still around--another nasty mosquito-borne disease--and the possibility that climate change will bring us more arboviruses (viruses spread by biting critters) that are currently limited to warm-weather areas, public health officials don't want us to think they're blowing the mosquito all-clear.
Epidemiology of eastern equine encephalitis in Massachusetts.
Louis encephalitis virus (SLEV), Eastern equine encephalitis virus (EEEV), and West Nile virus (WNV), in crested caracaras (Caracara cheriway; n = 80) in Florida from 2007 to 2008.
The virus - known as Eastern Equine Encephalitis or Triple E - is regarded as one of the most serious mosquito-borne diseases on the North American continent.