Currently, the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) supervises Antigua and Barbuda's domestic banking sector, along with the domestic sectors of seven other Caribbean jurisdictions.
What does ECCB stand for?
ECCB stands for Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ECCB
We have 42 other meanings of ECCB in our Acronym Attic
- European Co-Ordination Centre for Aviation Incident Reporting Systems
- European Coordination Centre for Accident and Incident Reporting Systems (EU)
- Evangelical Covenant Church of Alaska
- Egyptian Canadian Cultural Association of Ottawa
- Economic Community of Central African States
- European Collaborating Centres in Addiction Studies (est. 1988; various locations)
- Early Childhood Councils Advisory Team (Colorado)
- Electronic Compendium of Compliance Assistance Tools (US EPA website; construction)
- European Code of Conduct on the Arms Trade
- European Conference on Clinical Aspects and Treatment of HIV Infection
- Electronic Configuration Control Board (US Navy)
- Electronics Components Certification Board, Inc.
- Etobicoke Community Concert Band (Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada)
- European Committee for Conservation of Bryophytes (plants)
- European Conference on Computational Biology
- Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren (Czech Republic)
- Ewing Cole Cherry Brott (architectural design firm)
- Eau Claire County Bar Association (Eau Claire, Wisconsin)
- Essex County Carpet Bowls Association
- Equatorial Coca-Cola Bottling Company (est. 1997; Spain)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Allen Stanford's receiver and investors' committee has sued Antigua, the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank and 23 former Stanford Financial Group Co executives.
There will also be a new roundabout near the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank, and new work on the Bay Road.
Governor Dwight Venner of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank said: "There has been an unusual and substantial withdrawal of funds by depositors from the bank precipitated by recently published statements regarding the chairman of the board of directors of the bank, which has the potential to create severe liquidity problems.
Antigua's Prime Minister Baldwin Spencer and the governor of the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) reassured depositors that their money was safe in a televised address late Tuesday.
Spencer said the Stanford charges "have profound serious implications for Antigua and Barbuda," but that the government and the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) were "putting in place a contingency plan.
The website cited the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank (ECCB) as the source for its information.
Under the Eastern Caribbean Central Bank charter, money in circulation must be backed by a minimum 60 percent of foreign reserves and that sum now stands at 90 percent.