” In Los Angeles, volunteers gathered at the East Los Angeles Service Center, where they heard from Black and several local politicians, including Los Angeles City Councilman Jose Huizar and state Assemblyman Hector De La Torre, a Democrat from South Gate.
What does ELA stand for?
ELA stands for East Los Angeles (California)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ELA
We have 169 other meanings of ELA in our Acronym Attic
- Equipment Location-Certification Information Database (National Telecommunications and Information Administration; US DOC)
- Equal-Level Far-End Crosstalk
- Erector Launcher Ground Interface Electronics Unit
- Environmental Legislative and Regulatory Analysis and Monitoring Program
- Extensible Language One
- Embryo Fibroblast Line
- Extracellular Loop Region
- Early Cyathostome L3
- American Eel (FAO fish species code)
- École de Langue Anglaise (French: English Language School)
- Ecological Landscaping Association (Framingham, MA)
- Education Law Association
- Education Leadership Academy
- Education Learning Aid
- Eight Letter Acronym
- Electrical Load Analysis
- Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra (International Linear Algebra Society)
- Elektroakustik Lautsprecher Anlagen (Gernan: Public Address System)
- Emergency Liquidity Assistance (finance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The East Los Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina, First District, launched the eastLAworks initiative two years ago, a program to assist and support local businesses and its community.
Thousands gathered in East Los Angeles for one of the largest celebrations of its kind in the United States.
LOS ANGELES -- More than 1,000 boys and girls in East Los Angeles will soon be having a ball thanks to a special donation from Food 4 Less, the nation's largest price-impact supermarket chain.
The Rotary Club of East Los Angeles today announced the addition of United States Senator Dianne Feinstein to the Rotary Club of East Los Angeles Speaker Series Presented by Pan American Bank.
Speaking in East Los Angeles at the fourth and final town-hall meeting to market his plan to gain more control over the Los Angeles Unified School District, the mayor said before he took the stage that ending his tour at the all-girls Sacred Heart High School was meaningful to him because both his mother and sister attended the school and he represented the area, whose residents he greeted with a simple buenas noches.
When it is ultimately built, the line will provide a major transportation link for the residents of East Los Angeles to downtown Los Angeles, the mid-city area, the San Fernando Valley and to many other communities served by MTA bus and rail systems.
When the Rotary Club of East Los Angeles asked Pan American Bank to act as the donation center, we were happy to assist in the effort.