Zheng Yongmian, director of the East Asian Institute at the National University of Singapore, told the Global Times that the report had an "overly aggressive tone", though other experts said the the rhetoric had "softened".
What does EAI stand for?
EAI stands for East Asian Institute
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EAI
We have 125 other meanings of EAI in our Acronym Attic
- European Agency for Health and Safety at Work (Bilbao, Spain)
- Everett Area High School (Pennsylvania)
- Electronics Association Homeland Security Conference
- Employer Assisted Housing Tax Credit
- European Association of Historic Towns and Regions (Norwich, UK)
- Ekaterinburg Art Home Video (Russia)
- European Architectural Heritage Year
- Establecimiento Altos Hornos Zapla (Altos Hornos Zapla establishment, Argentina)
- e-Business Application Integration
- East African Industries
- Easy Access, Inc. (various organizations)
- Échange Afrique INSA (Institut National des Sciences Appliquées; French: INSA (National Institute of Applied Sciences) Africa Exchange)
- École d'Application de l'Infanterie (French: Infantry School Application)
- Education Associates, Inc. (South Carolina)
- Électricité Automatisme Informatique (French: Electricity Automation Computers; Burkina Faso)
- Electronic Application Integrator
- Electronic Arts Intermix (New York, NY)
- Electronics Associates, Incorporated
- Elephant Aid International (est. 2009)
- Emergency Action Interface
Samples in periodicals archive:
Zheng Yongmian, director of the East Asian Institute at the National University of Singapore, told the Global Times that the report had an "overly aggressive tone", though other experts said the rhetoric had "softened".
With an internationally recognized program in East Asian Studies now over 40 years old, the university has established the East Asian Institute, an initiative connecting the historic strengths of the East Asian program with business and economics programs.
China may be an economic and military giant in Asia, but it still trails the US and Japan in wielding "soft power" in the region, according to a study released last month by the Chicago Council on Global Affairs and the East Asian Institute of South Korea.
The book was produced under the auspices of the ASEAN-China Study Program that was launched in 2002 by the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) in collaboration with the East Asian Institute (EAI) of the National University of Singapore.
At Columbia, Janow is also the Co-Director of the APEC Study Center and a member of the Weatherhead East Asian Institute.
FRIEDRICH WU Visiting Senior Research Fellow, East Asian Institute of the National University of Singapore, and former Director of Economics for Singapore's Ministry of Trade & Industry No, I don't think India will be able to steal China's thunder in the next twenty to thirty years, unless the latter stumbles badly on its own mistakes--a scenario which I do not expect to occur with high probability.
The seminar on the future of cross-strait relations has been postponed indefinitely due to the threat of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), according to the East Asian Institute, which is part of the state-run National University of Singapore.