The East African Community seeks to improve regional transport infrastructure to support economic and social development programs in the region, promote tourism and foster regional integration and at the same time reduce the cost of doing business by supporting cross-border and international trade, Negatu said.
What does EAC stand for?
EAC stands for East African Community
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EAC
We have 454 other meanings of EAC in our Acronym Attic
- East Anglia Border Terrier Club (UK)
- Evertonians against Blue Union (football; UK)
- Effective Arterial Blood Volume
- Emballages Artisanals du Bois de Vot (French handcrafted wood packaging)
- Executive Advisory Board Exchange (Florida)
- Chief Engineering Aide (Naval Rating)
- Early Action Compact
- Early American Coppers (Organization of collectors of early American copper coins)
- Early Attack Characterization
- Earnings at Completion
- East Asian Community
- East Asiatic Company (Denmark)
- East Australian Current
- East Ayrshire Council (UK)
- Eastern Air Command
- Eastern Area Command
- Eastern Area Coordination Center (Milwaukee, WI)
- Eastern Arizona College (Thatcher, AZ)
- Echelons Above Corps (US DoD)
- École Atlantique de Commerce (French: Atlantic School of Commerce)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Vice-President Mohammad Reza Rahimi in a message to Ugandan officials extended his condolences to the country's people and government over the death of First Deputy Prime Minister Eriya Kategaya In a message to the Ugandan prime minister, Rahimi expressed condolence to Ugandan nation and government on death of the first deputy prime minister and minister for East African community affairs.
December 4, 2012 (JUBA) - Members of the East African Community (EAC) have deferred a decision to have South Sudan and Somalia as members of the regional body, which currently comprises Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi.
This is truly a hostile and an enemy act by a country that ought to be an active member" of the East African community, Wetangula said.
At the end of September, the East African Community, the Common Market for East and Southern Africa, the Southern Africa Development Authority and the Inter-Governmental Authority on Development met to find ways to accomplish infrastructure projects on the continent.
The plant itself is classed as a vegetable and can be bought openly in cities where there is a large east African community.
The report, Doing Business in the East African Community 2011 , draws on data from the annual global Doing Business study and takes a detailed look at business regulations in Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda.
lt;graphic omitted> The economic union's leaders expect that swapping five different currencies and exchange rates for a single one will ultimately simplify cross-border trade in the East African Community (EAC) and encourage investment.