A recent satellite study, conducted as part of the Earth Radiation Budget Experiment, indicates that clouds in general cool the Earth -- at least for the present (SN: 1/7/89, p.
What does ERBE stand for?
ERBE stands for Earth Radiation Budget Experiment
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Employee Retirement Benefits Board (Washington State Department of Retirement Systems)
- Earthquake Resistant Building Construction
- Eco-Regional Based Conservation
- Edwards Road Baptist Church (Greenville, SC)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Brush Cytology
- Estrogen Receptor Binding Cyclophilin
- Exact Radiation Boundary Condition
- Edgar Rice Burroughs Chain of Friendship List (electronic discussion group)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Biliary Drainage
- Expert Review of Bipolar Disorders (UK)
- European Regional Business Economic Development Unit (Leeds Business School; Leeds Metropolitan University; UK)
- Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship (Canada)
- Earth Resources Browse Facility
- Effective Renal Blood Flow
- Ensemble of Radial Basis Functions
- Erasto R. Batongmalaque Foundation (Carson, CA)
- Estrogen Receptor Promoter B Associated Factor 1
- Enable Receiver Buffer Full Interrupt
- Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Gardens (Australia)
- Eastern Region Biotechnology Initiative (University of Cambridge; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The predecessor to CERES, the Earth Radiation Budget Experiment (ERBE), showed that clouds are the dominant influence on the energy balance of the Earth.
6 SCIENCE, a research team reports the first set of major results from the Earth Radiation Budget Experiment (ERBE), a project using three Earth-orbiting satellites to obtain direct measurements of radiation entering and leaving the atmosphere.