Currently, 40 percent (more than 700,000) of workers in Maryland lack earned sick leave.
What does ESL stand for?
ESL stands for Earned Sick Leave (employment-human resources)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ESL
We have 258 other meanings of ESL in our Acronym Attic
- European School Karlsruhe (German school; Karlsruhe, Germany; est. 1962)
- English Shotokan Karate Association
- European Shotokan Karate Association (est. 1986)
- Eerste Steenwijker Kunst-Aardewerk Fabriek (Dutch: First Steenwijkerland Art Pottery Factory; history publication title)
- Economische Stimulering Knooppunt Arnhem Nijmegen (Dutch economic development website; Arnhem-Nijmegen, The Netherlands)
- End Stage Kidney Disease
- Enhanced Station-Keeping Equipment
- Electricity Supply Commission
- European Shotokan Karate Union
- Early School Leaving
- East Side LAN (Phoenix/Mesa/Chandler Arizona LAN Organization)
- East Slavic (linguistics)
- Eastern Shores Library (Wisconsin)
- Eastman Savings and Loan (Bank in Rochester, NY)
- École de Surf du Léon (French surfing school)
- Ecological Screening Level
- Ecological Studies on the Lepidoptera
- Economic Service Life
- Eighteenth Street Lounge (record label)
- Ejercito Sirio Libre (Spanish: Free Syrian Army)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But Delgado's Faculty Senate and statewide advocates for professors said the professors are entitled to use up earned sick leave and, since they are tenured, they should have been granted a termination hearing.
Bills to watch AB 109, by Assemblyman Wally Knox, D-Los Angeles, would require employers to permit workers to use up to half their earned sick leave to attend to an ill child, spouse or parent.