The inspection, which was unannounced, found the staff had an "excellent understanding" of the early years foundation stage and were "kind and caring".
What does EYFS stand for?
EYFS stands for Early Years Foundation Stage (welfare requirements; UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Express Youth Forum (India)
- England Youth Flyfishing Association (est. 1985; UK)
- European Youth for Action
- European Youth Forest Action (Netherlands)
- Early Years Free Entitlement (UK childcare grant)
- East Yorkshire Fungus Group (est. 1998)
- East Yorkshire Family History Society (UK)
- European Youth Folk Orchestra
- European Youth Forum
- Enhanced Yellow Fluorescent Protein
- European Youth for Sustainable Development (Craiova, Romania)
- East Yorkshire Glass (Hull, UK architectural aluminium manufacturing company)
- Egerton Young Greens (Egerton University; Kenya)
- Ernst & Young Global
- European Youth Goe Championship (board game competition)
- European Youth Guitar Ensemble (UK)
- European Young Geotechnical Engineers' Conference
- Expanding Your Horizons (conference)
- Estonian Youth Hostel Association (est. 1992)
- Euclid Youth Hockey Association (Euclid, Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rastrick Independent School's early years foundation stage was rated good and outstanding in parts of its provision.
The school was told it could become outstanding if it improved standards in reading and writing in the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 and if more teaching was outstanding with pupils involved in more independent learning and investigations to accelerate their progress.
It will also include a brand new section on the new Early Years Foundation Stage framework to help prepare for its launch later in the year.
As a father, the fact that the Footytotz programme provides a structure of learning, development and care through the Government's Early Years Foundation Stage is really appealing.
Head teacher Jane Davies, who also came in for praise in the report, said she was particularly pleased with the Ofsted findings for Early Years Foundation Stage, where the provisions made for pupils were rated as outstanding.
She said: "Ofsted found children's achievements in the Early Years Foundation Stage have improved having attended the Lemington Centre and, indeed, the achievement gap between children in Lemington and children in Newcastle overall is rapidly narrowing.
Experts say the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) "curriculum" for under-fives is imposing formal learning on children too soon.