It means childcare services for children under eight - including childminders, nurseries, out-of-school clubs, creches, nurseries, pre schools and playgroups - will now be registered and inspected by the new Early Years Directorate at Ofsted.
What does EYD stand for?
EYD stands for Early Years Directorate (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of EYD
We have 4 other meanings of EYD in our Acronym Attic
- Ecumenical Youth Council in Europe
- European Year of Citizenship through Education (campaign)
- Ernst & Young Corporate Finance
- East York Collegiate Institute (est. 1927; Ontario, Canada)
- Eye Care International Inc (stock symbol)
- Ealing Youth Counselling and Information Service (UK)
- Early Years and Childcare Partnership (UK)
- Edgewater Yacht Club Race Program
- Early Years and Childcare Service (UK)
- European Youth Centre Strasbourg (Council of Europe; France)
- Encyclopedia of Yacht Designers
- Early Years Development and Childcare (UK)
- Eckerd Youth Development Center (Florida)
- Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership (UK)
- Early Years Development and Childcare Service (Buckinghamshire County Council; UK)
- Egyptian Youth for Development and Environment
- Evidence of Yiddish Documented in European Societies
- Erasmus Yogun Dil Kurslari (Turkish governmental organization)
- Early Years Development Plan (UK)
- Education and Youth Development Program (Portland, OR)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Early Years Directorate, a new arm of OFSTED, will take over the regulation of day care services.