She also said that "the NATO base in Malatya['s] KE-recik [district], has [an] early warning radar system which has no missile defense system to support it.
What does EWR stand for?
EWR stands for Early Warning Radar
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of EWR
We have 41 other meanings of EWR in our Acronym Attic
- Expeditionary Water Packaging System (water bottling capability)
- Eastern Washington Practical Shooters Association
- Exceptionally Well Qualified
- Existing Water Quality (various states)
- Eastern Water Quality Association (Alexandria, VA)
- East West Qigong International (alternative medical center; Honolulu, HI)
- East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra (digital symphony computer program)
- Everglades Water Quality Model
- Energy and Water Quality Management System
- Electronic Warfare Quick Reaction Capability
- Early Warning Report
- Early Work Release
- Eastern Western Range
- Echills Wood Railway (UK)
- Electricity at Work Regulations (UK)
- Electromagnetic Wave Resistivity
- Electronic Warfare Range
- Engineering Work Request (telecommunications, engineering)
- Environmental Waste Report
- Europäischer Wirtschaftsraum (German: European Marketing Area)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NATO experts were due to visit a military base in eastern Turkey's Malatya province, which already hosts an early warning radar as part of NATO's missile defense system, Anatolia said.
3 million contract, by the Air Force and Missile Defense Agency, for improving early warning radar system in Clear, Alaska.
The United States has been open and transparent with Russia on our plans for missile defense has also decided to host an early warning radar.
Summary: An early warning radar will be stationed in Turkey's southeast as part of NATO's missile defense system, the foreign ministry announced Wednesday.
Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman Selcuk Unal said on Wednesday, "as you know, we have stated in early September that preparations to place an early warning radar in our country in the framework of the NATO missile defense architecture have come to its final stage.
It is anticipated that the early warning radar system allocated by the United States for NATO will be deployed in our country," a ministry spokesman said in a statement.
Moreover, NATO announced in a statement Saturday that in the vicinity of Gharyan one early warning radar and one truck-mounted gun were destroyed.