Sophisticated traffic management capabilities such as early packet discard (EPD) ensure high performance during traffic congestion.
What does EPD stand for?
EPD stands for Early Packet Discard (ATM)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EPD
We have 218 other meanings of EPD in our Acronym Attic
- Eugene PC User's Group
- Estate Planning Council of Vancouver (British Columbia, Canada)
- Excessive Path Code Violations (Tadiran)
- Exhaust Pressure Control Valve (diesel engines)
- Extended Parietal Cell Vagotomy
- Estes Park Convention and Visitors Bureau (Estes Park, CO, USA)
- El Paso County Water Authority (Texas)
- El Paso County Water Improvement District
- Earliest Possible Date
- Earliest Practicable Date
- Early Payment Default
- Early Payment Discount
- Eastern Procurement Division (US Navy)
- Eastern Production District (US Navy)
- Educational and Professional Development (various locations)
- Edwardsville Police Department (Edwardsville, IL)
- Elderly Physically Disabled (UK social services)
- Electophoretic Deposition
- Electric Power Development Co., Ltd.
- Electric Power Distribution
Samples in periodicals archive:
The StarPath 5000's bulk traffic-shaping capabilities include cell delay with a buffer capacity of up to 32,000 cells and early packet discard, in which cells that must be dropped are all selected from the same packets.
Providing further efficiency, the StarPath 5000 supports large buffers, multiple quality of services, and early packet discard for more efficient traffic management.
Rate-Based Flow Control -- Per Virtual Circuit Queuing -- Early Packet Discard
The LoopRunner ATM architecture supports early packet discard, four priority levels per port queue and cell rate policing with AAL5 packet policing support allows for gracefully dealing with traffic congestion.
Interphase will be demonstrating the new 5575 on Ultra AX systems, in conjunction with its ATM Traffic Management comparison of ABR-based performance versus the performance of UBR with early packet discard.
All data is checked for errors and early packet discard is employed to maximize the efficiency of the ATM backbone network.
Deep buffers, per virtual circuit traffic shaping, early packet discard and bandwidth optimization features help service providers meet required qualities of service and provide the highest level of reliability for multiple services.