Richard Sterling, who teaches at the University of California, Berkeley, says that when e-mail shorthand appears in schoolwork, it gives teachers an opportunity to explain that white these usages are OK online, they don't belong in school assignments The study also found that most teens don't think of e-mail and texting as "real writing.
What does EMS stand for?
EMS stands for E-Mail Shorthand
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of EMS
We have 614 other meanings of EMS in our Acronym Attic
- European Materials Research Society
- Epidemic Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Emergency Management and Response Team (various organizations)
- Emergency Medical Response Team (US Army; Medical Command)
- Equine Muscle Release Therapy (Bowen Training UK)
- Extended Mantle Radiation Technique
- Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center
- Electro-Magnetic Release Unit
- Education Minnesota Red Wing (labor union)
- Eastern Maine Railway
Samples in periodicals archive:
The words were followed by a mock sad face and e-mail shorthand LOL, which means laughing out loud.
With American teenagers already well-practiced in e-mail shorthand, we're sure to see cryptic messages coming to small screens throughout the U.