Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 2:50 pm - 3:30 pm, Ballroom E Comprehensive Full-Chip Methodology to Verify Electromigration and Dynamic Voltage Drop on High Performance FPGA Designs in the 20nm Technology
What does DVD stand for?
DVD stands for Dynamic Voltage Drop (electronics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DVD
We have 241 other meanings of DVD in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Video Drive
- Digital Virtual Disk
- Diploma in Venerology & Dermatology (India)
- Direct Vendor Delivery
- Dissociated Vertical Deviation (ophthalmology)
- Divers Droite (France, politics)
- Divide (street type)
- Double-Vessel Disease
- Driver and Vehicle Data Online Access
- Drivers Vigilance Device (UK)
- DVD Copy Control Association
- Digital Video Disc Screener
- Digital Versatile Disc Plus Recordable
- Digital Versatile Disc - Rewriteable (competing standard to DVD-RAM & DVD-RW)
- Dual-Sided Single-Layered DVD Disc (9.4GB)
- Dual-Sided Dual-Layered DVD Disc (17GB)
- Standard Single-Sided Single-Layered DVD Disc (4.7GB)
- Single-Sided Double-Layered DVD Disc (8.5GB)
- Digital Versatile Disk-Audio
- Digital Versatile Disk - Recordable
Samples in periodicals archive:
About RedHawk RedHawk allows designers to explore and identify physical design weaknesses that can result in power delivery failure, automatically repair the supply noise source, analyze the impact of dynamic voltage drop on timing and jitter, verify power and signal electromigration (EM), validate robustness of electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection circuitry using PathFinder, and provide a power delivery network (PDN) model for system-level analysis using the Chip Power Model.
A key capability in PowerArtist-XP identifies critical peak power cycles across multiple simulations for RedHawk dynamic voltage drop analysis, which will help Sigma reduce the risk of peak power-related chip failures.
RedHawk enables designers to identify dynamic "hot spots," examine its impact on timing, accurately pinpoint the cause of dynamic voltage drop, and automatically repair the source of supply noise.
These analyses address major concerns of nanometer IC designers including reliability of power and signal networks; the timing impact of dynamic voltage drop in power networks; dynamic crosstalk noise due to coupling capacitance; and MOSFET device reliability.
RedHawk enables designers to identify dynamic "hot spots," examine the impact on timing, accurately pinpoint the cause of dynamic voltage drop, and automatically repair the source of supply noise.
Also new this year is formal rail verification that helps to eliminate structural errors in power rails early during implementation, and RTL-driven dynamic Voltage drop analysis that pinpoints power-related functional and test problems.
Nishiguchi praised CoolTime's ability to significantly reduce both dynamic voltage drop and leakage power in advanced designs.