Cloudant can now take advantage of the dynamic tracing framework and real-time troubleshooting features of DTrace in the Joyent public cloud, which provides deep insight into global system performance and allows both companies to deliver increased application performance to customers.
What does DTrace stand for?
DTrace stands for Dynamic Tracing
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Defense Technical Review Agency
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency
- Deseret Towers Recreation Area (Utah)
- Design Trade Resource Association
- Dielectric Tapered Rod Antenna
- Direttore Tecnico Regionale Aerobica
- Dirt Track Racing Association
- Down The Road Analysis (show)
- Dumbreck Tenants and Residents Association (UK)
- Does This Ring A Bell?
- Defense Transportation Reporting and Control System (US DoD)
- Digital Range
- Defense Threat Reduction and Treaty Compliance Agency (US DoD)
- Dairy Teaching and Research Center (various locations)
- Dancer Transition Resource Centre (Toronto, ON, Canada)
- David Taylor Research Center (US Navy)
- Defense Threat Reduction Center (Mcnamara Building, Fort Belvoir, Virginia, headquarters of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency)
- Demographic Training and Research Centre (various locations)
- Depression Treatment Research Center
- Dole-Tavaux Racing Club (est. 1991; France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
9780132091510 DTrace; dynamic tracing in Oracle Solaris, Mac OS X, and FreeBSD.
Its Dynamic Tracing (DTrace) feature provides safe observability of production systems to accelerate application development and optimization of the AMP/MARS stack.
Updated DTrace Functionality: The dynamic tracing framework now supports time-ordered output (-x temporal), making results easier to understand on multi-processor systems.
announced today support for Solaris(TM) Dynamic Tracing (DTrace), an advanced tracing tool in the Solaris(TM) 10 Operating System (OS), allowing IT personnel to define coherent and accurate policies based on a far broader set of instrumentation than is available in any other operating system.
Customers using Solaris Dynamic Tracing (DTrace), a feature of the Solaris 10 OS, have reported applications running 30 times faster on the Solaris 10 OS.
Leveraging key Solaris features including Dynamic Tracing (DTrace) and Predictive Self Healing, along with Solaris Containers and LDoms, customers can consolidate WebSphere deployments and leverage the scalability and performance of Sun's CMT servers to reduce the cost of their WebSphere solution.
Also new to Solaris Express Developer Edition software is D-Light, the new GUI front end tool to dynamic tracing (DTrace).