The vessel, equipped with DP3 dynamic positioning system, will feature an integrated Wartsila solution that includes the main power generation system, the propulsion system, the electric and automation system and the automation safety system.
What does DPS stand for?
DPS stands for Dynamic Positioning System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DPS
We have 415 other meanings of DPS in our Acronym Attic
- Dukane Projection System
- Duranbah Public School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Durham Public Schools
- Dutch Petrophysical Society
- Dutch Protein & Services
- Dynamic Packet State
- Dynamic Parallel Schedule
- Dynamic Patient Simulator
- Dynamic Point Selection
- Dynamic Positioning Services, Ltd. (Aberdeen, UK)
- Dynamic Power Save
- Dynamic Power Stepping (power saving feature)
- Dynamic Power Switching
- Dynamic Process Simulation
- Dynamic Publishing Solution (software)
- General Directorate of Standardization (Albania)
- Dartmoor Pony Society of America
- Deck Power Supply Assembly
- Defense Production Sharing Agreement
- Département de Philosophie et Sociologie-Anthropologie (French: Department of Philosophy and Sociology-Anthropology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In addition to ship design, Rolls-Royce will deliver an extensive integrated systems package including: a propulsion system, a power electrical system, a bulk handling system, deck machinery, an automation and control system, as well as a dynamic positioning system that uses satellite technology to automatically maintain the vessels' position without anchoring.
It has an overall length of approximately 309 feet (94 meters), a Class 2 dynamic positioning system, accommodations for 69 personnel, a helideck, a 150-ton active heave compensated crane, and a working moonpool.
The 157 metre long ship is the largest monohull subsea well intervention vessel built, boasting a large deck space, heavy capacity subsea cranes, excellent sea-keeping performance, all interventions using dynamic positioning system, and 18 knots transit speed.
It features a 7,000 tonne capacity, 29 metre diameter turntable, a computer based laying control system and a state-of-the-art dynamic positioning system, and can also deploy Nexans' specialist Capjet ROV trenching systems for cable burial operations.
Two thrusters of the dynamic positioning system were damaged.
The dynamic positioning system of the West Navion reverted to manual and the vessel started drifting slowly to the right.
Both models feature Arjo's patented Dynamic Positioning System.