Keywords: reading assessment, DIBELS, reading readiness, reading disability ********** The Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS; Good & Kaminski, 2002) is used as a screening tool by more than 15,000 school districts, according to the official DIBELS site (DIBELS Data Systems, 2012).
What does DIBEL stand for?
DIBEL stands for Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Dorchester International Brotherhood Camporee (Canada)
- Drug Infusion Balloon Catheter
- Danish Industry International Business Development (trade association; various locations)
- Development International Birth Date (drugs; Development Safety Update Report)
- Devil In a Blue Dress (movie/novel)
- Dress in Blue Day (colon cancer awareness)
- Dual Independent Belt Drive (Macron)
- Digital International Boundary Database Working Group
- Dipartimento di Ingegneria Biofisica ed Elettronica (Italian: Biophysical and Electronic Engineering Department; University of Genova)
- Digital Broadcasting Experts Group (industry standard)
- Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills
- Daegu International Bodypainting Festival (South Korea)
- Deaf International Basketball Federation
- Depth-Independent Buildup Factor (method)
- Digital Image-Based Finite Element Modeling
- Deep Inspiration Breath-Hold
- Device Independent Backup Interface
- Digital In-Band Interswitch Trunk Signaling
- Dry Island Buffalo Jump (band)
- Delta International Bank (stock symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Comparing two very different assessments--the Observation Survey of Early Literacy Achievement (Clay, 2002) and the Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills Next (Good & Kaminski, 2011)--Afflerbach explores form and content variation in early reading assessments, and how such assessments influence educators' views of their students' capabilities and instructional needs.
Students were administered the Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) in fall, winter, and spring; classroom environment was evaluated using the Early Language and Literacy Classroom Observation (ELLCO) in fall and spring.
Chapter 15: Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS): General Outcomes Measurement for Prevention and Remediation of Early Reading Problems (Kathrine M.
We used the sixth edition of the Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) to identify children "at-risk" for reading failure.
today announced that its Link to Lessons(TM) program will align with the Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) assessment.
A few of the remedial programs reviewed include Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS), Fast ForWord, Lindamood-Bell, Visualizing and Verbalizing, Earobics, Read Naturally, and Language.
I am confident that Jameka's improved assessment measures in the Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) are directly related to her participation in the Fast ForWord program," said Principal Pearl Roziers.