The diffusion of large molecules is less well documented, but is important in printing processes where a dye diffuses into a substrate, as in the case of the Dye Diffusion Thermal Transfer [D2T2] process (2-6).
What does D2T2 stand for?
D2T2 stands for Dye Diffusion Thermal Transfer (Printing)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of D2T2
- Dextrin 2-Sulfate (aka Dextrin 2-Sulphate)
- Distortion 2 Static (television program)
- DPSK-Based Distributed Sample Acquisition
- Distributed Digital Skills Laboratory
- District 2 Soccer Referee Administration (California)
- Decoupled Truncated Tip
- Disk-to-Tape (data storage backup)
- Dramatic Dream Team (professional wrestling promotion; Japan; also seen as DDT)
- Drecq Daniel Technologies
- Digital Display Tabletop Trainer
- Deployment Distribution Theater Transition Template
- Design to Users (architecture firm; Milan, Italy)
- Dengue Type 2 Virus (immunology)
- Digital 2 Virtual
- Direct to Video (movie release)
- Digital 2 Virtual ISP Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Dance 2 the Extreme (dance group; Melaka, Malaysia)
- Diablo 2 Expansion Set (computer game)
- 3-Sided Dice (gaming)
- Data-Driven Decision-Making
Samples in periodicals archive:
The prints are produced by a dye diffusion thermal transfer method in which three separate layers of color (yellow, magenta, and cyan) are heat set beneath a final, clear protective coating.
StarBurst is the only printer capable of producing continuous tone images using Dye Diffusion Thermal Transfer (D2T2) mode or dithered images utilizing the Thermal Wax Transfer (TWT) mode.