A: Although PDEIs have similar efficacy, your urologist will consider several factors when recommending ED medication: 1) your preference for or perceptions about a particular PDEI, 2) cost of the treatment, 3) the duration of action or how long the erection is likely to last, 4) your desired frequency for sexual intercourse, and 5) the unique adverse-effect profile.
What does DOA stand for?
DOA stands for Duration of Action (pharmacology)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DOA
We have 134 other meanings of DOA in our Acronym Attic
- Dogs on Acid (dance music forum)
- Domain Operational Architecture
- Domaine de l'Angoisse (French: Domain of Anguish)
- Dominant Optic Atrophy (ophthalmology)
- Domination Over Anything
- Door Open Alarm
- Dose of Advice (Internet slang)
- Dowagiac (Amtrak station code; Dowagiac, MI)
- Driver of Automobile
- Drug of Abuse
- Dutch Occultation Association (astronomy; Roden, Netherlands; est. 1946)
- Dynamic Obstacle Avoidance
- Dynamo Open Air
- Dynasty of Assassins (gaming)
- Direction of Arrival Iterative Virtual-Uplink Power Weighted (algorithm)
- Dead or Alive: Extreme Beach Volleyball 2 (video game)
- Dead or Alive 2 (video game)
- Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore (gaming)
- Dead or Alive 3 (video game)
- Dead or Alive 4 (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Avila has used its proprietary Avilomics platform to design covalent irreversible protease inhibitors that are highly selective, potent and with superior duration of action as compared to conventional protease inhibitors.
It can be given 15 minutes before a meat, with a peak effect about an hour tater, and the duration of action is between 3.
The issuance of this second Invisicare patent protects the unique mechanism by which we can safely deliver formulated products using Invisicare to remain on the skin for extended periods of time, resulting in improved efficacy, longer duration of action, reduced irritation and lower dosage of active agent required.
With faster absorption and onset, and a shorter duration of action, the insulin analog is suited for mealtime bolus dosing to control postprandial glycemia.
The researchers concluded that women favored Norplant over Depo Provera, mainly because of its longer duration of action.
Basu will present a case study entitled "Creating Novel Therapeutics with Superior Potency, Duration of Action and Unique Delivery Potential by Harnessing Second Generation Dicer Substrate RNAs (DsiRNAs)" at 9:15 a.
Validates the Clinical Utility of Modigene's CTP Technology for Extending the Duration of Action of Therapeutic Proteins - NES-ZIONA, Israel, July 10 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Modigene Inc.