52 * Durable medical equipment regional carriers received 4.
What does DMERC stand for?
DMERC stands for Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Duplicate Materials Exchange Program (US LOC)
- Durban Metropolitan Environmental Policy Initiative (est. 1998; South Africa)
- Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies
- Direct Magnitude Estimation of Perceived Phonatory Effort
- Digital Media Excess Quad
- Directorate of Medical Education and Research (Mumbai, India)
- Distance Measuring Equipment - Tactical Air Navigation with DME only
- Don Mackay Environmental Research (Peterborough, Ontario, Canada)
- DuPont Marketing Excellence Recognition
- Deployment, Management, Exploitation, Refueling, Repositioning, Recovering, Replacement, Redeployment (sensor capabilities of Littoral combat ship)
- Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carriers in Region A
- Defence Medical and Environmental Research Institute (Singapore)
- Duplex Multienvironmental Real-Time Operating System (4ESS)
- Department of Marine and Environmental Systems (Florida Institute Technology; Melbourne, FL)
- Deployable Mobility Execution System
- Diversified Medical Equipment and Supplies (Huntington Beach, CA)
- Division of Marine and Environmental Systems (now Department of Marine and Environmental Systems; Florida Institute of Technology; Melbourne, FL)
- Drug-Metabolizing Enzyme System
- Dubai Modern Education School (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Desert Mountain Educational Services Center (San Bernardino, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under current law, providers who wish to dispense pessaries in their offices must first obtain a supplier number-otherwise known as a Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier (DMERC) number.
Few SNFs have expertise with the complexities involved, with most Part B bills processed currently by Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carriers (DMERCs), a group of four insurance companies contracted by HCFA to process Part B claims.
Nursing homes purchased wound care products through their suppliers, and invoices were sent to one of four regional carriers known as a Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier (DMERC).
Derma Sciences (OTCBB:DSCI), a manufacturer and marketer of advanced wound care products, today announced that the Statistical Analysis Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier (SADMERC) - a contracted intermediary and carrier for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) - has notified the company of its decision regarding Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes for billing purposes for MEDIHONEY(TM) Calcium Alginate dressings with Active Leptospermum Honey.
CIGNA HealthCare Medicare Administration is currently the Part B carrier for Tennessee, Idaho, and North Carolina, and is the Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier for the western United States.
HCFA seems to be leaning toward using the Fiscal Intermediary (FI) rather than the Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier (DMERC) to process the consolidated bills, but, at press time, there was still debate on that choice.
On September 6 and 7, 2001, the Company received administrative overpayment notices from one Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier (DMERC).