Robots are gaining in popularity as more and more people prefer not to tackle dull, dirty and dangerous tasks," said Helen Greiner, co-founder and chairman of iRobot.
What does 3D stand for?
3D stands for Dull, Dirty and Dangerous (robotics)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of 3D
We have 5 other meanings of 3D in our Acronym Attic
- Computer, Communications and Compatibility
- 3rd Commando Regiment (gaming clan)
- Three Counties Radio (BBC Radio Station)
- Three-Controller Robust Average Current-Mode Control
- 3com Certified Solutions Associate (networking certification given by 3Com)
- Delta Delta Delta Sorority
- Desire Discipline Dedication (Team 3D Counter-Strike gaming clan)
- Dexter and Deedee (Dexter's Laboratory TV series)
- Dog Care/Maintenance (police incident code; New Zealand)
- Dudley Death Drop (pro wrestling move)
- National Drunk and Drugged Driving (prevention)
- Third Day (band)
- Third District (Washington, DC)
- Three Dimensional
- Triple Diffused (bipolar technology)
- Three-Dimensional Alternating Direction Implicit Finite-Difference Time-Domain
- 3-Dimensional Application Programming Interface
- Three-Dimensional Augmented Reality
- Three-Dimensional Virtual Reality
- Three-Dimensional Antenna Synthetic Aperature Radar
Samples in periodicals archive:
PITTSBURGH -- The increasing adoption of robots that do dull, dirty and dangerous tasks has sparked a new class of developers, creating a variety of innovative robot applications.