In the last few years, there has been a motion within the Dublin Core community toward use of the Dublin Core Metadata Element Set for more complex and specialized resource description tasks, and toward developing mechanisms for incorporating such complexity within the basic element set.
What does DCMES stand for?
DCMES stands for Dublin Core Metadata Element Set
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- DaimlerChrysler Minority Dealers Association
- Division of Credit Management and Debt Collection (student financial aid)
- Defense Contract Management District East
- District Command Management District East
- Defense Contract Management District International
- Defense Contract Management District West
- Digital Circuit Multiplication Equipment
- Drake Continuum Map Editor (for online game Continuum)
- Dutch Chamber Music Ensemble
- Dynamic Cache Management Enhanced
- Dawson CIty Music Festival (Canada)
- Debbie Chisholm Memorial Foundation
- Delaware Chamber Music Festival (Wilmington, DE)
- Director's Cut Modding Foundry (website)
- Dame Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George
- De Clercq Media Group (Netherlands)
- Development Corporation of Middle Georgia (now Georgia Small Business Lender)
- Direct Contact Marketing Group
- Dual Control Mobile Ground Control Station (aircraft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Its primary offering, the Dublin Core Metadata Element Set, is the de facto worldwide standard for the description of information resources across disciplines and languages.
To facilitate interoperability, data providers are required to supply metadata that complies to a common schema, the unqualified Dublin Core Metadata Element Set.