23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Iowa Utilities Board (IUB) voted today to allow Interstate Power and Light Company's (IPL), a subsidiary of Alliant Energy Corporation, (NYSE: LNT), to move forward with its proposed Purchase Power Agreement (PPA) related to the Duane Arnold Energy Center (DAEC).
What does DAEC stand for?
DAEC stands for Duane Arnold Energy Center (Iowa)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DAEC
We have 31 other meanings of DAEC in our Acronym Attic
- Darebin Arts and Entertainment Centre (Australia)
- Defense Acquisition Excellence Council
- Délégation Académique à l'Education Culturelle (French: Academic Delegation of Cultural Education)
- Deutscher Aero Club eV (German Aero Club)
- Développement Aménagement Environnement Conseil (French: Environment Development Planning Council)
- Diffuse-Adhering Escherichia Coli (bacterium)
- Direction Académique des Examens et Concours (French: Directorate of Academic Exams and Competition)
- Direction de l'Action vers les Entreprises et les Collectivités (French: Direction of Action to Businesses and Communities)
- Direction de l'Aménagement, de l'Environnement et des Constructions (French: Directorate of Planning, the Environment and Buildings; Switzerland)
- Direction des Affaires Européennes et de la Coopération Décentralisée (French: European Affairs Department and Decentralized Cooperation)
- Durango Adult Education Center (Durango, CO)
- Dental Assistants Education Council of Australia
- Direct Alert Environment for Darknet and Livenet Unified Security (National Institute of Information and Communications Technology; Japan)
- Department of the Army Equipment Data Review Committee
- Duncan Area Economic Development Foundation (Oklahoma)
- Delimitation Alignment Error Detection Receiving
- Delimitation Alignment Error Detection Transmitting
- Departamento de Águas e Energia Elétrica (Portuguese: Department of Water and Electricity; Brazil)
- Direction de l'Action Éducative et de l'Enfance (French: Directorate for Educational Action and Children)
- Direction de l'Aménagement de l'Équipement et de l'Environnement (French: Directorate of Infrastructure Planning and the Environment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
To provide customers with safe, reliable, locally-produced power at the most competitive cost possible, we are moving forward to gain approvals for our generation resource plan which includes a new purchase power agreement for nuclear power with Duane Arnold Energy Center in Palo, Iowa and construction of a new natural-gas fired generating facility in Marshalltown, Iowa.
NextEra Energy Resources also lists nuclear power in its portfolio through an 88 percent ownership of the Seabrook Station in New Hampshire; a 70 percent interest in the Duane Arnold Energy Center in Iowa; and 100 percent ownership of Point Beach Nuclear Plant in Wisconsin.
Iowa's CASEnergy kick-off was held at the FPL Energy Duane Arnold Energy Center in Palo, Iowa's only nuclear power facility, which generated 4,539,312 megawatt hours of electrical power in 2005, or 10.
With more than 30 years of experience in the nuclear power industry, Costanzo joins CENG from Florida Power & Light Group (FPL), where he served as site vice president at Duane Arnold Energy Center located in Palo, Iowa.
The plan further balances IPL's supply of generating resources: * Approximate $440 million in investments to reduce emissions and increase efficiency of IPL's existing coal-fired generating units * Execution of a new nuclear purchase power agreement to purchase 431 megawatts of capacity and energy from Duane Arnold Energy Center * Approximate $650-$750 million investment, excluding AFUDC and transmission upgrades, for construction of the combined-cycle, natural gas-fired Marshalltown Generating Station * Continued commitment to renewable resources and energy efficiency.
Fitch views favorably the recent 20-year license extension of the Duane Arnold Energy Center (DAEC) nuclear facility (from 2014 to 2034), which should facilitate CIPCO's fuel diversity over the long term.
To provide customers with safe, reliable, locally-produced power at the most competitive cost possible, we are moving forward to gain approvals for our generation resource plan - which includes a new purchase power agreement for nuclear power with Duane Arnold Energy Center in Palo, Iowa and construction of a new natural-gas fired generating facility in Marshalltown, Iowa.