has only 12 keys (16 keys if equipped with the A, B, C, D keys sometimes used by the CO), each of which sends a different dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) signal.
What does DTMF stand for?
DTMF stands for Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (telephony)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DTMF
We have 3 other meanings of DTMF in our Acronym Attic
- Dreams That Money Can Buy
- Digital Terrestrial Multimedia Distribution (TV content delivery platform)
- Dunc and Toine Making Dollars (band)
- Dynamic Time Metered Delivery
- Dépannages Techniques Maintenance Environnement (French: Maintenance Troubleshooting Repair Environment)
- Developmental Toxicity of the Mouse Embryo
- Data Tone Multiple Frequency
- Defend Traditional Marriage and Family
- Deilmann Tailings Management Facility (Key Lake Uranium Mine; Cameco Corporation; Canada)
- Desktop Management Task Force
- Dual Tone Multi-Function (telecommunications)
- Dump the Mother Figure Already (polite form)
- Dual Tone Multi Frequency Receiver
- Data Traveler Mini Fun Yellow (Kingston product)
- Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone Authority
- Dielna Thierry Marie-Louise Gregory (French fuel retailer)
- Design Travel Management Group, Inc. (Arlington Heights, IL)
- Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
- Diploma in Training of Mentally Handicapped Adults (UK)
- Distribution Technique et Maintenance Industrielle (French: Distribution Engineering and Industrial Maintenance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040820/RESEARCH ) For the past two decades, the dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) interactive voice response (IVR) has been used by businesses for the purposes of phone- based routing and self-service functionality.
Overview of Report OUR VIEW CATALYST SUMMARY ANALYSIS Voice-XML will displace proprietary IVR solutions in the enterprise and service provider markets Outbound IVR will become a key enabler of proactive communications Increasing the value proposition of outbound IVR offerings through verticalization Voice verification will make the transition from cool technology to business solution Aligning vertical market needs with voice biometric capabilities Disruption will occur in the traditional directory assistance space ACTIONS APPENDIX Definitions Contact centers Dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) Interactive voice response (IVR) Open standards Voice-XML Methodology Further reading Ask the analyst Our consulting Disclaimer For more information visit http://www.
Report Chapters OUR VIEW CATALYST SUMMARY METHODOLOGY ANALYSIS Growing enterprise demand for automation in the maturing and established APAC markets Mapping maturity levels of domestic contact center and IVR markets in APAC Spending on speech recognition solutions and services in APAC Increasing CRM technology and service provider investments in emerging APAC markets Shifting philosophies around technology purchases APPENDIX Definitions Contact centers Dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) Interactive voice response (IVR) Natural language understanding (NLU) Open-standards Traditional IVR Further reading Ask the analyst Tables and figures also accompany this report For more information visit http://www.
1-GL features an intelligent, tiered inbound routing scheme that supports five different inbound fax routing methods: Non-Standard Format-based routing (NSF), Direct Inward Dialing (DID), Dual Tone Multi-frequency (DTMF), Channel routing and Source-ID routing.
Contents: OUR VIEW CATALYST SUMMARY 2007 TRENDS TO WATCH: VOICE BUSINESS NETWORKS Critical business issues facing vendors in the voice business value chain Cost reduction remains a top priority Targeting global opportunities for hosted and premise-based managed speech services Engaging the right strategy for speech applications Applying speech analytics to quality monitoring and business intelligence Understanding the changing role of IVR in evolving infrastructures OUR TAKE APPENDIX Definitions Contact centers Dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) Interactive voice response (IVR) Open standards Voice-XML Methodology Further reading Ask the analyst List of Figures Figure 1: Our voice business value chain For more information visit http://www.
This information is then either stored as a voice message or downloaded as a Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) signal to a host computer system.
Content Outline: CATALYST SUMMARY ANALYSIS Adhering to common application definitions that simplify messaging and prevent possible client confusion Packaged applications Configurable packages Pre-built modules and templates Custom developed applications Introducing tailored roadmaps for clients to gain more self-sufficiency over time 3 Tracking and aggregating application usage, success and failure rates is vital to obtain greater credibility APPENDIX Definitions ASR (automatic speech recognition) Contact centers Dual tone multi-frequency (DTMF) Interactive voice response (IVR) Moores chasm Open standards Platform Voice-XML Methodology Further reading Ask the analyst Disclaimer List of Figures Figure 1: Moores Technology Adoption Life Cycle For more information visit http://www.