The XIENCE Everolimus drug eluting stent has contributed towards Abbott's success.
What does DES stand for?
DES stands for Drug Eluting Stent
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DES
We have 367 other meanings of DES in our Acronym Attic
- Division of Environmental Sciences
- Division of Environmental Services
- Doctor of Environmental Studies
- Document Exchange Server (software; Kofax)
- Doppler Echocardiography Study
- DOSECC (Drilling, Observation and Sampling of the Earth's Continental Crust) Exploration Services, LLC (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Double Edged Sword (gaming clan)
- Draft Environmental Statement
- Draft European Standard
- Drilling Equipment Set (oil industry)
- Drug Enforcement Section (various locations)
- Dry Eye Syndrome (aka Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca)
- Dynamic Electronic Systems (Houston, TX)
- Dynamic Energy Saver (computing)
- Dynamic Environmental Scan
- Dysequilibrium Syndrome
- Disorder of Extreme Stress Not Otherwise Specified
- Data Encryption Standard-Cipher Block Chaining
- Oracle Designer/2000
- Data Encryption Standard Algorithm
Samples in periodicals archive:
com/research/c8e1aa/global_drug_elutin) has announced the addition of the "Global Drug Eluting Stent Market 2008-2012" report to their offering.
Together this partnership will accelerate the commercialization of MIVT technologies that could successfully address the well publicized issues facing the current drug eluting stent manufacturers.
Long Term Data Further Validates MIVT's Drug Eluting Stent Technology for Safer Cardiovascular Stents Capable of Single or Multiple Drug Delivery ATLANTA -- MIV Therapeutics (OTCBB:MIVT) (FWB:MIV), announced that Dr.
Sianos' results show that AngioJet thrombectomy in heart attack patients with large thrombus prior to treatment with drug eluting stents markedly reduces the incidence of stent thrombosis in follow-up out to two years.
We believe it is important to undertake this trial to provide even more long-term safety data on these devices and compare the differences between the Cypher and Endeavor drug eluting stent platforms.
The ETHOS drug eluting stent incorporates the Bravo polymer matrix to deliver a second generation formulation of 17 beta-estradiol, an approved drug used in hormone replacement therapy and other indications.
Sponsored by Medtronic (NYSE:MDT), the trial enrolled 1,197 patients at 72 facilities in 17 countries and was the first and largest drug eluting stent trial outside the U.