Dubai: Some 106 drivers were caught driving under the influence of banned substances in Dubai between 2012 and 2013, according to recent Dubai Traffic Public Prosecution (TPP) statistics.
What does DUI stand for?
DUI stands for Driving Under the Influence
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of DUI
We have 33 other meanings of DUI in our Acronym Attic
- Délégation aux Usages de l'Internet (French: Internet Usages Delegation)
- Democratic Union for Integration (The Former Yugolsav Republic of Macedonia)
- Dial Up Internet
- Diplôme d'Université Interdisciplinaire (French: Interdisciplinary University Degree)
- Distinctive Unit Insignia (US Army)
- Diving Unlimited International, Inc.
- Documento Unico de Identidad (Spanish)
- Documento Único de Importación (Spanish)
- Dossier Unique Interactif (French: Unique Interactive Dossier)
- Dota Under the Influence (gaming clan)
- Duke University Improv
- Dynamic User Interface
- Deutsches Übersee Institut (German Overseas Institute)
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Dutch University Institute for Art History (Italy)
- Dynamic Updates for Internet Addressing
- Di-Ureido Iso-Butane (cattle medicine)
- De Utrechtse Internet Courant (Dutch news website)
- Deputy Umpire-in-Chief (sports)
- Derivative Unit Identification Code
Samples in periodicals archive:
Motorists driving under the influence will be dealt with strictly and their cars will be confiscated for two months and their licenses suspended.
ySTANBUL (CyHAN)- Ninety-seven percent of individuals charged with driving under the influence in the first half of the year had their licenses temporarily revoked, according to statistics recently released by the ystanbul Police Department's Traffic Control Bureau.
I AM totally against driving under the influence of anything, and agree with an automatic driving ban.
Fewer than 20% knew the penalties for driving under the influence of drugs, which are the same as those for drink-driving.
The report also noted a gender difference: 22% of male drivers aged 21 years or older reported driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs in 2002 and 2003, compared with 11% of females.
A defendant arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana brought a [section] 1983 action against the arresting officers, alleging false arrest and malicious prosecution.
Liquor laws--The violation of state or local laws or ordinances prohibiting the manufacture, sale, purchase, transportation, possession, or use of alcoholic beverages, not including driving under the influence and drunkenness.