Petards systems will in addition offer the trains with Driver Only Operation (DOO) capability.
What does DOO stand for?
DOO stands for Driver Only Operation
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of DOO
We have 20 other meanings of DOO in our Acronym Attic
- Days Overdue Outstanding
- Department of Defense Originating Office (US DoD)
- Department Organization Order
- Description Of Operation
- Developer, Owner and Operator
- Director of Oceanography Operations
- Director of Operations (various organizations)
- District Operations Office (US Navy)
- District Ordnance Officer (rank; US DoD)
- Double Oven Oscillator (Symmetricom)
- Drustvo s Ogranicenom Odgovornoscu (Croatian: Limited Liability Company)
- Dyrebeskyttelsen Oslo Og Akershus (Norwegian animal rights organization)
- Direction of Own Artillery Fire
- Distributed Object-Oriented Database Management System (Sprint)
- Dudes Out of Control (gaming clan)
- Distributed Object Oriented Control System
- Day out of Days (also seen as DOD; film industry)
- Debt on Our Doorstep
- Deductive Object-Oriented Database
- Dissemination of Open and Distance Learning
Samples in periodicals archive:
The study recommends that the default position for all services on the Great Britain rail network should be Driver Only Operation, with a second member of train crew only being provided where there is a commercial, technical or other imperative.
A friend in bus company management told me that the original economic case for driver only operation was extremely weak and it was only the Treasury's obsession with demanding everything in sight and its willingness to pay for modified buses that brought DOO in.