This includes a whole raft of technology that takes safety to a whole new level, such as lane departure warning, driver alert control and pedestrian detection with adaptive cruise control.
What does DAC stand for?
DAC stands for Driver Alert Control (automotive technology)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of DAC
We have 557 other meanings of DAC in our Acronym Attic
- Donor-Acceptor Complex
- Door, Air Curtain
- Double Annular Combustor (gas turbine engines)
- Douglas Adams Continuum (forum)
- Douglas Aircraft Company
- Downed Aircraft
- Downhill Assist Control (automobiles)
- Downtown Action Committee
- Downtown Arts Center (Lexington, KY)
- Downtown Athletic Club (New York City; awarders of the Heisman Trophy)
- Drug Abuse Council (various organizations)
- Drug Advisory Committee (various locations)
- Drug Alcohol Counseling
- Drug and Alcohol Counselor
- Druge De-Addiction Centre (India)
- Dual Attached Concentrator (FDDI/CDDI)
- Dual Attachment Concentrator (FDDI)
- Duck And Cover (website)
- Durango Arts Center (Durango, CO)
- Durban Automotive Cluster (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Optional electrical power assist steering Dynamic stability and traction control Advanced stability control Corner traction control Lane keeping aid with haptic auto steering Park assist pilot for easy parallel parking Driving aids including Blind spot information system; cross traffic alert; adaptive cruise control and driver alert control.
Other class-leading safety technologies include City Safety - which avoids low speed impacts up to 30km/h (19mph), Driver Alert Control (DAC) to alert drivers who are tired or distracted and Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) which helps detects vehicles in the rear blind spots on both sides of the car.
It features Volvo's City Safety system, Driver Alert Control, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Information System, Active Headlights and Roll Over Protection System.
5T SE manual Price: pounds 26,495 but with optional extras including leather-face upholste ry (pounds 1,200) metallic paint (pounds 575) personal car communicator (pounds 500) lane departure warning with driver alert control (pounds 500) winter pack (pounds 420) family pack (pounds 360) rear parking assist (pounds 350) power operated tailgate (pounds 330) passenger airbag cut off switch (pounds 25) pounds 30,755 Mechanical: Transverse, 20 valve, fuel injection 2521cc 0-62mph: 7.
It's called Driver Alert Control (DAC) and incorporates a Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system.
First, Driver Alert Control warns the driver if he or she is losing concentration.
With multiple technologies available, such as Driver Alert Control, Lane Departure Warning, and Collision Warning with Auto Break, the XC60 alerts the driver when approaching a dangerous situation.