He was selected as the active-duty 2010 Drill Sergeant of the Year.
What does DSOY stand for?
DSOY stands for Drill Sergeant of the Year (US Army)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Data Systems Operation Team
- Delicate Sound of Thunder (Pink Floyd live album)
- Derby School of Theology (Commerce City, CO)
- Dionée Sud-Ouest Tourbières (France)
- Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand (White Wolf)
- Dark Side Of The Moon (Pink Floyd album)
- Dark Shadows of Unreal (online forum)
- Distribution System Operational Use (water resources; UK)
- Darker Shade of White (band)
- Denmark Strait Overflow Water
- D Street Prepared (Sports Car Club of America)
- Daikin Synchronised Power (Daikin Air Conditioners)
- Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma (Japan)
- Dalit Solidarity Peoples (human rights group)
- Dall'Olmo Sport Passion (French automobile racing)
- Dalton Strategic Partnership (investment management firm)
- Darksydephil (gaming)
- Data Services Platform
- Data Solutions Provider
- Data Source Plugin
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was named NCO of the Year (1991, 1994), Drill Sergeant of the Year (1996), and was inducted into the Sergeant Morales Club (1993) and the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club (2000).
Thirty-two years later, after an Army career that took him to 48 states and 47 countries and saw him from Drill Sergeant of the Year to Sergeant Major of the Army, Hall went looking for a place to call home again.
Michael Johnston and Joshua Marshall's victories drew the weeklong Drill Sergeant of the Year competition to a close, June 26, at Fort Monroe, Va.
During a tour with the FATO in 1985, he was selected as the 7th Training Battalion Drill Sergeant of the Year.
The silver medals were awarded to TRADOC Drill Sergeant of the Year, SFC Damian G.
All the privates, all the officers and all of the peers I've worked with and trained are all encompassed into the Drill Sergeant of the Year award.