In the first processing step, which occurs in the nucleus, the pri-miRNA is cleaved into pre-miRNA (an approximately 70-nucleotide hairpin stem loop intermediate) by a microprocessor complex that consists of Drosha, an RNase III enzyme, and DGCR8, a double-stranded RNA-binding domain (dsRBD) protein .
What does DRBD stand for?
DRBD stands for Double-Stranded RNA-Binding Domain
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DRBD
We have 1 other meaning of DRBD in our Acronym Attic
- Democratic Reform British Columbia (Canada)
- Devon Rex Breed Club (cat club)
- Dichloran Rose Bengal Chloramphenicol (Agar)
- Dick Rivers Badminton Club (France)
- Digital Radio Broadcasting Committee
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (conference)
- Driftless Region Bicycle Coalition (La Crosse, WI)
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan
- Distributed Redundant Block Device
- Distributed Replicated Block Device
- Drug Related Birth Defect
- Dynamic Reliability Block Diagram (computer science)
- Dan River Business Development Center
- Don Randall's Bluegrass Experience (band)
- Dual Reciprocity Boundary Element Method
- Direct Recognition of Blurred Faces (algorithm)
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Dynamic Radial Basis Function
- Doncaster Rovers Belles Football Club
- Design Review Based on Failure Mode
Samples in periodicals archive:
He said that his team solved the problem by making a PTD fusion protein with a double-stranded RNA-binding domain, termed PTD-DRBD, which masks the siRNA's negative charge.