FACTS AND FIGURES [c] ENGINE: Aprilia four-stroke longitudinal 90 V-twin, liquid cooled, double overhead camshafts with mixed gear/chain timing system and four valves per cylinder [c] PERFORMANCE: 130bhp @ 8,700rpm [c] FUEL SYSTEM: Integrated engine management system.
What does DOHC stand for?
DOHC stands for Double Overhead Camshaft (engine valve train architecture)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DOHC
We have 2 other meanings of DOHC in our Acronym Attic
- Department of Health - Bureau of Food and Drugs (Philippines)
- Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals
- Department of Health and Ageing (Australian government department)
- Department of Home Affairs (various countries)
- International Society for Developmental Origins of Health and Disease (Southampton, UK)
- Datek Online Holdings Corporation
- David Ormerod Hearing Centres (hearing aids; UK)
- Department of Health and Children (Ireland)
- Detroit Osteopathic Hospital Corporation (Michigan)
- Dominican Occupational Health Center (University of California, Santa Cruz)
- Dual Overhead Camshaft (engines)
- Department of Health Care Policy & Financing (Colorado government)
- Demonstrating Opensource Health Care Solutions (conference)
- Department of Health and Community Services (Canada)
- Department of High Class Sounds (radio show)
- Department of Higher Education
- Department Organization for Haitian Empowerment
- Department of Health and Family Welfare (Kolkata, West Bengal, India)
- Department of Human Genetics
- Department of Health and Human Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
5-litre, double overhead camshaft petrol engine that delivers 99PS at the rate of 6,000rpm.
Mazda has turned the clock back with a simplified engine, dropping the 16-valve double overhead camshaft arrangement in favour of a low-friction two-valve single overhead camshaft head on an aluminium block.
5litre, double overhead camshaft, 16 valve engine which is fitted with an intercooled turbocharger and tuned to develop 150bhp at 6,000rpm and 210 Nm of torque, or pulling power, at 3,500rpm.
5-litre, double overhead camshaft, 16 valve engine which is fitted with an intercooled turbocharger and tuned to develop 150bhp at 6, 000rpm and 210 Nm of torque, or pulling power, at 3, 500rpm.
Producing 161bhp and a generous 295lb/ft of torque over a range of between 1,800 and 2,600rpm, the Stuttgart built unit features double overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder and a variable geometry turbocharger.
This alters the profile of the double overhead camshafts dependent on driving style.
The secret is its 16-valve double overhead camshaft engine, which achieves more pulling power than that of any other car of similar size in its class.