Complaining, for instance, that Tennyson was in thrall to the Broad Church party of the Church of England, Hopkins invoked the Letter to the Galatians: "Tennyson in his later works has been 'carried away with their dissimulation'" (the Douay-Rheims Bible has "led by them into that dissimulation").
What does DRB stand for?
DRB stands for Douay-Rheims Bible
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of DRB
We have 95 other meanings of DRB in our Acronym Attic
- Dirty Rat Bastard
- Dirty Rotten Bastard
- Disciplinary Review Board
- Dispute Resolution Board
- Disputes Review Board (USACE)
- Distributed Recovery Block
- Distributed Ruby
- Distribution Raynald Bertrand, Inc. (Canadian trucking company)
- Distribution Réseau Boutiques (France)
- Division Ready Brigade
- Dan River Basin Association (North Carolina and Virginia)
- Del Ray Business Association (est. 1992; Virginia)
- Delaware River & Bay Authority
- Dharma Realm Buddhist Association
- Disability Rights Bar Association (Washington, DC)
- Disaster Recovery Business Alliances
- Dispute Resolution Board Australasia, Inc. (Australia)
- Downtown Redding Business Association (California)
- Downtown Redlands Business Association (California)
- Distributed Role-Based Access Control (biometrics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
DOUAY WE WERE For centuries English-speaking Protestant Bible readers primarily read versions of the King James Bible, while Catholics almost exclusively read versions of the Douay-Rheims Bible.
And Eve is unjustly accused of seducing Adam into taking that first bite; so, what the Douay-Rheims Bible (Catholic) translates as "She gave to her husband who did eat," the Revised Standard Version translates as "gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate.