Contract award: negotiated with market exclusivity for the maintenance of terminals and dosimetric apvl brand dosimeters.
What does DOS stand for?
DOS stands for Dosimeter
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DOS
We have 261 other meanings of DOS in our Acronym Attic
- Distributed Open-Short (microwave theory)
- Distributed Operating System
- Distribution of States
- District of Sechelt (Canada)
- District Office Study
- District Open Space (Hong Kong)
- División de Organizaciones Sociales (Spanish: Division of Social Organizations; Chile)
- Division of Operational Safety (US Atomic Energy Commission)
- Division of Safety (various locations)
- Division of Standards (Massachusetts)
- Dozing Off Soon
- Dreaded Orange Spots (soapmaking, indicates soap has gone rancid)
- Dropout Studios
- Duncan's Outdoor Shop (Bay City, Michigan)
- Department of State, Office of Diplomatic Contingency Programs
- Disk Operating System - Enhanced
- Disk Operating System/Virtual Storage
- Disk Operating System/Virtual Storage Extended
- Day of Surgery Admission (medical data)
- Dean of Students' Affairs
Samples in periodicals archive:
You wear a wrist dosimeter and at the end of operations it's placed in the -75A to measure the radiation dose.
The MTM RAD is a gamma dosimeter and a Swiss movement-equipped watch that monitors environmental radiation levels and alerts users in case of dangerous levels with an audible alarm.
The Asahi Shimbun newspaper reported on Saturday that an executive from Build-Up, a subcontrator to plant owner Tokyo Electric Power, told workers to cover the devices called dosimeters when working in high-radiation areas.
This is especially true for electron-beam processing in which dosimeter temperatures can approach 80 [degrees]C.
A dosimeter lowered into the containment vessel of the No.
1176) measured PAH-DNA adducts and other bulky aromatic adducts in umbilical cord white blood cells to determine the association between this molecular dosimeter and behavioral/attention problems in childhood, with child behavior assessed using the Child Behavior Checklist.
Tokyo, June 15 (ANI): Japan's Fukushima city would reportedly give radiation dosimeters to 34,000 children to measure their exposure from the March 11 earthquake-cum-tsunami hit nuclear power plant.