To tackle this gargantuan task, the organization has partnered with government agencies, researchers and the private sector to improve the precision of weather forecasts and communication of risk to local authorities, develop specialized emergency response teams and implement a major software and hardware upgrade of the national Doppler radar system.
What does DRS stand for?
DRS stands for Doppler Radar System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DRS
We have 328 other meanings of DRS in our Acronym Attic
- Division of Rehabilitation Services (various locations)
- Division Restructuring Study
- Doctor of Religious Science
- Doctors' Reform Society of Australia
- Document Retrieval Service (various locations)
- Document Retrieval System
- Document Review Sheet
- Dominion Report Series
- Doped Repeat Scramble (data transmission)
- Double-Ring-With-Star (network topology)
- Drag Reduction System (automobile racing)
- Drawing Retrieval System
- Dresden, Germany - Dresden (Airport Code)
- Driveline Remanufacture System
- Driver Record Surcharge (insurance)
- Drives (street suffix)
- Driving Rights Suspended (Franklin County Municipal Court; Columbus, OH)
- Dropsonde Receiver Subsystem
- Drum Recovery System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Shipped in from Denmark was a highly sophisticated Doppler radar system built by Weibel Inc.
And it has already made history: Approximately two years ago, the company utilizing their Dyn-O-Gel product removed a building thunderstorm from the Doppler radar system, as confirmed by the West Palm Beach and Miami air traffic controllers.
We reviewed multiple approaches and technologies, and determined that SpeedInfo's Doppler radar system provided the optimal solution.
Along with the ScopeOut(R) patent exclusive license, Sense Technologies holds exclusive patents on an automotive Doppler radar system that alerts drivers to potential hazards while backing.
We reviewed several different technologies for securing more accurate and up-to-the-minute traffic information as cost effectively as possible, and SpeedInfo's Doppler radar system emerged as an effective solution," said Matthew Neeley, State Research and Planning Engineer, of WSDOT.
The WSI InFlight broadcast provides current observed and forecast conditions, as well as WSI NOWrad(R), a high quality mosaic of the national NEXRAD ground based Doppler radar system.
Guardian Alert(R) is a Doppler radar system, and was specifically designed to detect small children or pets directly behind a vehicle.