Even if Doppler radar information may seem highly localized, we find that it enhances the regional atmospheric conditions, which, in turn, can significantly improve the dynamic prediction of how the monsoon depression will move as the storm makes landfall," said Niyogi.
What does DOPRAD stand for?
DOPRAD stands for Doppler Radar
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Directory of Published Proceedings (journal)
- Division of Professional Practice (Georgia Institute of Technology; Atlanta, GA)
- Dropped Object Prevention Program
- Delaware Online Privacy and Protection Act (law)
- Description of Proposed Action and Alternatives
- Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Patterns Study
- Defense Order Priority Rating
- Department of Parks and Recreation (various locations)
- Deutsche Online Presse Agentur
- Distributed Object-oriented Programmable Real-time Architecture
- Date Of Departure
- Dakota Ojibway Police Service
- Danish Optical Society
- Department of Public Safety
- Difference of Perfect Squares (factorizing quadratics)
- Digital Optical Projection System
- Direct Observation of Procedural Skills (UK)
- Disbursing Office Processing System
- Division de l'Organisation et de la Programmation Scolaire (French: Division of Organization and Programming School)
- Differential Offset Phase Shift Keying
Samples in periodicals archive:
9781596934146 MTI and pulsed Doppler radar with MATLAB, 2d ed.
Used in air defense and air traffic control, a doppler radar employs the doppler effect of the returned echoes from targets to measure their radial velocity.
The Swing Speed Radar is a microwave Doppler radar velocity sensor that helps assist players in developing and optimizing their swing speed by providing a convenient real-time measure of their swing velocity.
MINNEAPOLIS -- WCCO-TV unveiled a state-of-the-art Live Doppler Radar weather forecasting system last week.
New generations of high-resolution Doppler radar rely on advanced digital-imaging and object-identification techniques.
Advanced computers, satellites, and Doppler radar (sound waves used to track storms) have made forecasting more accurate.
The site also will include Doppler radar images for the 50 major metro areas of the U.