Tyrosine is converted first to DOPA, which then, in the presence of the enzyme DOPA decarboxylase, forms dopamine.
What does DDC stand for?
DDC stands for Dopa Decarboxylase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of DDC
We have 318 other meanings of DDC in our Acronym Attic
- District Development Committee (Nepal)
- Diversité Développement Coopération (French: Diversity Development Cooperation)
- Division Data Center
- Division of Disease Control (various locations)
- DNA Diagnostic Centers (Ohio)
- Document Destruction Company (Chicago, IL)
- Document Development and Control (Matrix)
- Dodge City, KS, USA - Dodge City Municipal (Airport Code)
- Doggie Day Care (various locations)
- door delivery charge
- Dose-Dense Chemotherapy (oncology)
- Double Disc Court (game)
- Double Discovery Center (Columbia College; New York)
- Dover District Council (UK)
- Doyenne du Comice (pears)
- Droit de Comprendre (French: Right to Understand)
- Drunk and Disorderly Conduct
- Dual Display Console
- Dual Dry Clutch (cars)
- Dulux Decorator Centre (store; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Furthermore, we investigate the relationship between CIMT and Hcy levels in PD patients on L-dopa and dopa decarboxylase inhibitor (DDI) treatment.
Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) and positron emission tomography (PET) studies have shown that PD patients exhibit decreased levels of dopamine transporters (DATs) and vesicular monoamine transporter type 2 (VMAT2) and reduced activity of dopa decarboxylase as measured by the conversion of L-dopa to dopamine in the striatum using [[.
Measuring L-dopa in plasma and urine to monitor therapy of elderly patients with Parkinson's disease treated with L-dopa and a dopa decarboxylase inhibitor.