History tells us twin party governments are doomed to fail unable to agree on anything and this pairing are no different.
What does DTF stand for?
DTF stands for Doomed to Fail
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of DTF
We have 96 other meanings of DTF in our Acronym Attic
- Digital Trunk Frame
- Din Tai Fung (restaurant; various locations)
- Discrete Time Fourier
- Discrete Trial Format
- Distance to Finish (sailing regattas)
- Distance-To-Fault (cabling)
- Distributed Terascale Facility (National Science Foundation distributed supercomputing grid)
- Distribution Time/Frequency
- Document Transmission Facility
- Domene Technologies Formations (French: Domene Technology Training)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The latest bid to find a long-term solution to the US debt crisis looked doomed to fail as lawmakers remained at odds over cutting social programs and raising taxes on the rich.
If the current undemocratic half-way house continues it is doomed to fail.
The 85-year-old leader was forced into a power-sharing deal with former rivals after the 2008 poll, but many fear it is doomed to fail as Mugabe clings on to power.
The separatists don't have the people's hearts and are doomed to fail.
Barring Meryl Streep being cast as his co-anchor (which, face it, would be awesome), we think this project is doomed to fail under the weight of his frowning visage before it even gets off the ground.
You could argue that hiring a comedian who was at the height of his fame in the 1990s in an attempt to make Microsoft cutting edge is doomed to fail, but over on the Blogging Stocks site there is optimism.
Any reform is doomed to fail if LAUSD keeps overspending on the bureaucracy.