Fortuitously, Wits' ambition to expand coincided with the establishment of the Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre (Wits DGMC), a partnership between Wits and the private healthcare sector, which was identified as an ideal environment to launch Johannesburg's liver transplant unit.
What does DGMC stand for?
DGMC stands for Donald Gordon Medical Centre (Johannesburg, South Africa)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of DGMC
We have 3 other meanings of DGMC in our Acronym Attic
- Den Gode Medicinske Afdeling (Danish: The Good Medical Department)
- Dental Group Management Association (Phoenix, AZ)
- Digital Group Multiplexer Assemblages
- Directorate General of Meteorology and Air Navigation (Oman)
- Dirty Girl Moisture Bar (Bella Interiors; South Bend, IN)
- Dual Grip Medicine Ball (physical fitness)
- Davao Gulf Management Council (Davao, Mindanao, Philippines)
- David Grant Medical Center (Travis Air Force Base, CA)
- Denver Gay Men's Chorus (Colorado)
- Director General Military Careers (Canadian military)
- Deutsche Gesellschaft Multiple-Chemical-Sensitivity (German Society for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity)
- Distance Geometry/Molecular Dynamics
- Darwinian Genetic Mutation Engine (computer viruses)
- Di-Ethylene Glycol Monomethyl Ether
- Dipropylene Glycol Methyl Ether
- Direct Graduate Medical Education (teaching hospital payments; Medicare)
- Direction Générale de la Modernisation de l'Etat (French: General Directorate for State Modernisation)
- Director General Military Engineering (Canada)
- Director General Maritime Equipment Program Management (Canada)
- Dansk G Modelbane Forenings (Danish: Danish G Model Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
John Cantrell, MB BCh, FCRad (Diag) SA Donald Gordon Medical Centre, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg Corresponding author: J Cantrell (cantrell_j@hotmail.
PETER FRIEDLAND, MB BCh, FCS (SA) Otol, MMed (Otol), Diploma Financial Management Associate Professor, School of Surgery, and Ear Science Centre, University of Western Australia Peter was the Clinical Head of Department of ENT Head and Neck Surgery at the University of the Witwatersrand Donald Gordon Medical Centre from 2004 to 2009.
and now an arts project Donald Gordon's venture into the performing arts follows the founding of The Donald Gordon Medical Centre and the Gordon Institute of Business Science.
The Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre paediatric liver transplant programme is the second such unit in sub-Saharan Africa.
I was not able to do that before,' said a smiling Swanepoel from his bed in the Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre (DGMC) in Parktown.
A unit will also be established at the Wits University Donald Gordon Medical Centre.
The pattern of referrals changed in the last 3 years since the Wits Donald Gordon Medical Centre (WDGMC) programme commenced in August 2004.